Monday, November 24, 2008

28 weeks!


Today we went for our 28 week checkup, which for twins includes an ultrasound to see how big the boys are. For those of you that haven't seen me lately, I am measuring over 40 weeks and get frequent comments from people both to my face and under their breath. I hear "looks like any day now", and "she's gonna pop any second". It's so nice to hear that I look huge. Like I don't already know... In any case, this is what I look like now. Nice. And yes, I realize there's two babies, trust me, I know. I'm the one that feels them kicking me all day! Still, it's a rather large belly. Which is good, which leads me to the good news...

Good News:
Both boys are great. Baby B is 2 lbs., 10 oz. and looks wonderful. Baby A is slightly smaller but looks wonderful. We couldn't get a weight on "A" because his head was not cooperating and is sitting in a place that is difficult to get a good measurement. You don't really want all the gory details. :)
More good news - they are on schedule for their due date and have plenty of fluid to swim around it, and drink, etc. More good news - heartbeats looked good.

Bad News: (well kind of)
I can't work anymore. These two chubbos are putting too much pressure on certain areas, causing me to be unable to work. I'm not really on bed rest per se, but I should "lay down as much as possible during the day". Don't worry, my Dr. told me all of this a long time ago, that 28 weeks is around the time when twin moms need to stop working. I'm also not supposed to ride in a car for a long time, go out for long periods of time, you know all the fun holiday stuff.
I did go to work today to finish up some paperwork needed for conferences tomorrow, get billing done, & print out lists I've made for my substitute. I am allowed to go in next week to meet with the sub. and get all that great stuff done.

HELP!!!!
So since I'm sitting around most of my days, PLEASE help me to find ways to pass the time. What are some good movies you've seen lately? Read any good books? Any TV shows I should be watching? My plan for the next couple of months is to rent some movies, organize some stuff, and well, that's about it. Any ideas? Keep in mind that I'm also developing a nice case of carpal tunnel and I can't bend over well, so that really knocks out any cleaning and small hobbies.

I will also likely be putting up many new blog posts, so look for those to entertain you (and mostly me!).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I Looooooooove you and already miss you. Keep on truckin lady!

nicole

Anonymous said...

YYYAAAYYY!!! BELLAE PICS!! :) Keep on addin. :) You look too cute! I'll try to think of things to keep you busy.. but looks like you have many ideas already on your own. :) Hope to see you again soon. :)

Molly said...

I think you look beautiful. I would say that the Twilight series would be a great and very enjoyable way to pass time (if you haven't read them yet). I am currently reading A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly which is super good. It is young adult but that is my life anyway. If I were you I would catch up on old series like My So-Called Life or 90210 on DVD:)

Sorry I missed the shower...I wish I lived closer:(

CEBrecht said...

agreed that you looks beautiful!! :o) so glad you pleased us all with bellae pics!
I love Jodi Piccoult books! And... you could work on picking a name? Just kiddin'... hope to see you again soon! Take 'er easy!