Saturday, May 15, 2010

sorry it's such a mess...

The "Minnesota Nice" thing is sometimes so funny to me. Everyone always makes excuses for their, well, everything! For my job, I go to people's homes and work with their kids. The kids are usually 2 or 3, and these people often have more than just the one kid. I'm typically greeted at the door with the mom saying "Sorry, it's such a mess". I smile, laugh and say "I have two little boys at home, it's not even close to what my house looks like." I'm trying to make them feel better, more comfortable, you know? But isn't it the truth?? If anyone even stops by at your house and it's not sparkly clean, (like you weren't planning a party in which your husband kept the kids upstairs or downstairs all afternoon so you could have a clean and organized house :) ) you feel bad having me over and seeing your stuff on the floor.I'm not lying. My house is worse!! Here is what I came down to after a shower today:



It looks as though everything was dumped on the floor!
Oh, it was!!
So, you see, you don't have to be nice to me when I come to your house. This is what my house looks like on a daily basis. I don't care! It's fun to dump all the toys out. It's fun to throw blocks around the house and sit on the edge of the mess playing, looking like you could not possibly have anything to do with what happened around you. None of that matters. Especially when you have good helpers to clean up after themselves.

Plug:
Luke is cleaning our hickory hardwood floors with Daisy Blue Naturals' Lavender Pine Cleaner. Non-toxic, safe for babies to help wash floors with. Ask me if you want any!! It's fantastic!!
(Really, I was washing the floors, and 2 helpers found towels and came to assist me. It was pretty cute :) )

1 comment:

Anne said...

what happens when your kids (or husband) won't pick up after themselves...do you sell anything to help with that? If so, I will take all you have :)