Saturday, June 26, 2010

hop, hop. roar. roar.

We have this frog puppet washcloth. (We also have a shark, lion, and tiger, but more on those later).

I thought it was funny to "hop" the frog all over the tub one night - entertaining Lucas and scaring the crap out of Andrew. I ate his hand with the frog, and it was all over. Crying, "no, no hop", and needing to get out of the bathtub immediately. (what a terrible mom!) I honestly didn't know it was going to freak him out so much. Whoops!

So, Andrew has been trying to be brave. The first week or so, he would see one of the puppets and just walk very much around them, but the other day he actually picked one up! It was the lion. I decided that since I was such a terrible mom before, I should rectify the situation and I kissed the lion. MMMMMWHA. So, Andrew kissed the lion. MMMMMMA. He even put the lion on his hand. All is right in the world. Except that he said "hop hop" with the lion. So, being such a good mom, I said "no honey, it's roar". He walked around for a little bit "roaring" with the lion (and kissing it too - so that's good). He said "bye bye roar", dropped the lion and moved on to the next thing.

Since then, he's been finding any of the washcloth puppets and saying "hop. Roar" and "bye bye hop roar" and "no no hop roar".

Now tonight, in the tub, Andrew was playing with dinosaurs. Adam was "roaring" the dinos at the boys, everyone was having fun, splashing, squirting the dinosaurs. Then Andrew picks up a dinosaur and says "hop".

What have I done?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Can't wait until play group goes to the zoo....hahahahahaha!