Those of you that see me or talk to me often know my recent stress and craziness relating to my boys. They have been nuts and I feel like a crazy person and a terrible mother almost daily.
Last week was spring break and while I looked forward to hanging out at home, towards the end of the week life became absolutely WILD! The boys were naughty, busy, testing ANY and ALL boundaries and just being overall difficult. We had a rough few days.
I went back to work this week looking thorough parenting and discipline books and trying to find one I hadn't read yet. Seriously, we have every book imaginable in our library at work and I've read them ALL. I have to so that I can recommend them to others as part of my job, but I use them frequently for my own life.
In any case, life was nuts. To top it all off, I had a busy week at work and wasn't home for bedtime 3/5 nights this week. Again, feeling terrible about it, but not being able to do anything about it.
Then a wonderful thing happened.
One week after the naughty started, it was over. Those 7 days were tough, but all of a sudden my nice, sweet boys were back! Daycare was good - no timeouts, no hitting, no biting or pushing friends (yes, this happens almost daily). Tami (the daycare lady) was amazed.
We went out for dinner as a family on Friday and the boys were ANGELS! They were polite and quiet. They visited with us and each other and had me laughing with all of their "interpretations" of what was going on (L:"mom, look fan! A:"No, fan. Helicopter" L:"oh, yep. Helicopter").
This weekend we had company and the boys were FANTASTIC!! Nice and helpful. Good to each other and us (and company too). Honestly, I haven't broken up a fight in 4 days! (it really is a new record)
And last night, Adam broke out his old home movies looking for some college antics (awful movies that should be destroyed before my children EVER see how crazy boys in college are), and we found a tape I had started with the babies on it. We saw Andrew's first day of talking "da da da da". We saw Luke rolling around the room like a lunatic! We saw the boys eating for Beth and Nicole.
I had totally forgotten all about all of it - but looking back made me remember how far we have come and how my life was calmer at one time (back when these boys couldn't move as fast!), but reminded me that I really wouldn't have it any other way.
Funny how fast your view on life changes, huh.
Have a fabulous week!
1 comment:
I'm on one of your videos?!?! Delete!!
Post a Comment