So, I love planning. I know it is very early to start registering for baby things, but it is so completely overwhelming! Especially when all the "new parent" lists of suggestions for newborns have items for only one baby! When looking at the list, it doesn't look so bad, then multiply it by two - then think about where you're gonna keep all the stuff! See? Overwhelming. So, I started my baby registry. More of a checklist for myself than a list for gifts (although gifts are always appreciated! :) ). Get to the point - ok - I have registered for 2 highchairs (I know we don't need them right away). They are really cute highchairs, but they are also very bulky. We have a (much) larger house, but still, having to manuver around those things - ugh!
Here comes the poll part: Does anyone have advice or opinions on whether to have the actual highchairs or to get those booster seats that strap to a chair with a tray? Any suggestions are welcomed!!
5 comments:
you are so cute Kristine! loving your blog! my opinions for your poll... we have a highchair and a clip on booster seat (to take to restaurants, camping, counters, etc.)... so far Ollie hasn't used either one (he's just starting to hold his head up), but am anxious to start and see how he does. All this being said, I know it's not very helpful... but a couple of friends of mine have the seats that clip onto chairs and they both LOVE them... less space, more mobile, etc... so! Good luck deciding :o)
stick a bowl on the ground and lay them on their belly....if they get hungry- they better learn to push themselves up and eat.
the booster seats are great for traveling and for storing away when you don't need them. Plus, the kids will probably fit in them for a good 2 years. elliot still uses his when we travel and loves it!
even though they are more bulky, I vote for the highchairs. They are way more supportive when the babies are little. Plus much easier for you to feed them becasue they are more at your level. I would do booster chairs when they are 1 or older.
A
The more kids we have had, the more I've leaned towards the booster with a tray. As you know, we have a small dining area, so the less "stuff" in the room the better. And YES, the high chairs are SO bulky.
By the time they're sitting in their high chair and eating solids (5-6 months), they have good head control and are able to sit well. I honestly think the booster seat "fits" them better than a high chair at this age. The booster seats are also much easier to clean.
Anyway, now you know MY opinion! :) Both Britten and Chloe went straight to the booster seat. However, I do keep a high chair on hand for convenience purposes (company comes over, etc).
Post a Comment