Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's coming...

Christmas, that is!
I love Christmas, but this year is a little sad. We aren't able to travel home for the holidays. Adam has put up a few (and I mean few) Chrismas lights, and we have very little decorating done, but we're getting there! I can work on it in my spare time!
I am going to miss the family traditions, though... church with the family, dinner including lefsa and torsk, and opening presents with everyone. It's just not the same when you don't have everyone around. Speaking of presents, Adam and I bought our Christmas present already. We got a new car! We knew by looking at my growing belly that our growing family would need more space - especially since, when I have these guys and am let out into the real world again, I'm taking full advantage of that! So, I looked online and found a car that looked like a good deal (it's a Mercury Mountaineer - just what I wanted :) ). Adam told me when we went to look at it that we "Absolutely are NOT buying a car tonight, so don't even think about coming home with one." He drove it, and the dealer gave us a good deal to get rid of my ugly car, so we did buy it that night. I didn't want to gloat, but well, I was right once again. Of course! So, expect to see me driving up to your house with a car full of kids - when I can, that is!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the new SUV! Now you'll have all the room you need for the babies and all the gear. What color did you get? Have fun decorating!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the new car! You'll look like the total "soccer mom" in your new ride w/ the two boys in the back. :)