I FINALLY got my hands on a computer - thank you Travis and Leah!! So, now I can let everyone know (who wants to that is) exactly what's going on around here. Here we go...
**Warning: I'm telling it like it is, so be aware that there may be some icky stuff...
On Monday morning, I woke up and had a little spotting. Something new for me, so I called my dr. They said to keep an eye on things. Well, by noon, nothing had changed, so I decided to go to the clinic. My dr. checked me out, and noticed that my cervix had shortened even more and was now "funneling". This is not good, so he put me on stricter bedrest - allowing me to get up only for 10 min. every hour. I also went to the hospital where they monitered my and the boys, nothing exciting there. They gave me a steroid shot in case I went into labor - the steroids would help their lungs develop. I also got a shot of terbutaline to fend off preterm labor. I scheduled an appointment for the next day to get another steroid shot and so they could keep their eye on me. The dr. told me to pack a bag, just in case, and lay down.
1:00am Tuesday, December 2
I woke up and was having spotting again. I called the hospital again and they said I could come in if I wanted to. I tried to go back to sleep, then decided that I should go. I woke up Adam, grabbed some stuff in a bag (just in case!) and we went to the hospital. When I got there, they monitered me again. At this point I was dialted to 1 cm, so they called the dr. on call, and started me on magnesium sulfate in an IV to stop contractions. I didn't realize it, but I was having contractions every 1-6 minutes. By the time the dr. got there, I had dialted to 3 cm. and she decided to send me by ambulance to Abbot (where I am now).
Oh, turns out the ambulance may not be fast enough, so instead I got a HELICOPTER ride here. Sheesh! What a fuss!! I was strapped down, and they loaded me up into the helicopter. My flight EMT guys were very good looking, and assured me I would be fine, so off we went. 15 min. later, we ended up in Minneapolis at 5:30am. Adam had to drive himself and got there at about 6:00am. He was a little nervous I think, but I'm not sure I really knew what was going on.
Bottom line, they stopped my contractions. I'm still having some (like 2 an hour) but that is totally normal for a twin pregnancy.
The main goal was to get me past Wednesday, when the steroids would kick in. So now the goal is to keep me pregnant as long as possible.
I have to stay here for a while - I'm still on the magnesium IV, which is irritating because I have to drag that pole around everywhere I go (which isn't really anywhere really). On the positive side, I don't have to measure my urine anymore (which was gross), and I don't have to take penicillin anymore!
Next Monday, they might take me off the IV and put me on a pill form of muscle relaxant. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I know what's happening. We're all doing fine - just stinks to be in "waiting mode".
2 comments:
Yay! You got a computer! You have very nice friends...just wanted to let you know that Justin and I are thinking about you especially, Adam and your two little boys. Take care of yourself Kristine! I definitely miss you at school and my selfish side cannot wait for you to come back! Without Beth I've be completely lost! :)
~Nicole
Wow! What an update! You'll have an exciting story to tell your boys. :) Take care and take it easy! I'll continue to check for updates!
Post a Comment