Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Telemarketer Rant

So, I haven't written in a while, but that's mostly because my little angels are taking naps at opposite times during the day, and when they are awake they prefer to be held and walked around the house. (Plus, I prefer to hold them and walk them around the house and read books, and make faces... :) ) Bottom line: I haven't had time. No time to download pictures or write anything, but today - right now - they ARE taking a nap at the same time, although I just heard some grunting so I'm gonna make this quick. I will put pictures up soon... hopefully today.
I just wanted to complain about the stupid telemarketer lady who called looking for donations for the childhood leukemia fund. I first of all HATE telemarketing calls, especially when I can't get a word in edgewise and I feel bad just hanging up. Secondly, I don't really like donating to people who call over the phone. I'd rather do it in person, or get a mailing, or go through a company or church or something. I'm not giving my credit card number to some lady who's asking me for it on the phone. She assures me they wouldn't use the credit card for anything other than my donation, but they'll send out a card I can fill out to donate - which would be better, but I'm so angry that I got a telemarketer call in the first place that I don't really want to anymore - no matter what the cause. Which brings me to the next point: the lady proceeds to make me feel guilty for not giving the sick children what they need with a "fine, if you don't want to help, then you have a nice day." REALLY?? Rant over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the EXACT same way! I see the strange number show up on caller id and I try to ignore it, but I know that if I don't answer it and tell them I'm not interested the calls continue.. awful!!
See you on Monday!!! YAY!!! :)