Time sure flies by! Here we are at the end of March already! The boys are 3 months old, and I have to go back to work on Monday...
Here are some of the latest pictures.
The bowling pin keeps getting smaller.We weighed the boys on the scale last week (this is on our home scale, so it's not exact). Drew was a little over 12 lbs. and Luke was over 13 lbs.!! It's all in the cheeks :) Our nurse comes on Thursday for our last RSV shot of the season - so far no one's been sick (knock on wood!).
We had a busy and exciting weeked. We took our first car trip to Adam's parents' house (an hour away). We stayed overnight, and the boys did very well. Well, they got up a couple of extra times in the night, and didn't sleep that great, but overall it went well. Even Grandma and Grandpa's dog, Kirby, was well-behaved!
That must've worn the boys out because on Sunday night after we got home, they slept from 9pm to 5am (8 hours!!). I hoped and prayed that it would stick, but of course not. They were back on their 'normal' schedule again last night - which really isn't that bad - they only get up once a night and are efficient eaters now, so it takes no time at all.
Recent developments in the past month include the following:
Luke started sucking on his hand (not his thumb, not his fingers, his entire hand). He may be teething?? He's being fussier and droolier than normal, but so far has no fever and no red cheeks, and we can't feel anything on his gums - we'll see.
Luke started sucking on his hand (not his thumb, not his fingers, his entire hand). He may be teething?? He's being fussier and droolier than normal, but so far has no fever and no red cheeks, and we can't feel anything on his gums - we'll see.
Andrew has decided that he never wants to sit or be put into a seated position. He would like to stand up at all times (assisted of course). Downside, he will NOT sit in a swing or on the couch without some coercing - upside, he is getting very strong legs and can hold his head up very well. Soon, they will be able to go into their jumpy toys, which I have a feeling they will just LOVE.
Both boys have started talking a LOT and you can hear all sorts of screams, coos, and outbursts from them at any given time. They also both enjoy being entertained and having a lot of "face time" with us. This is a little tricky when I'm the only one home, but gets pretty fun when dad's around!
That's about it for us here. I have to go back to work on Monday and I have a feeling that I will be exhausted! I was in last week for 2 1/2 hours and left feeling like I was totally drained! I am very nervous for that "beginning of the year" feeling. You teachers know what I'm talking about! The rest of you think we have it easy having the whole summer off, but it's a lot of work getting back into the swing of things those first few weeks back at school, and now I get to do it again while I'm worn out and not getting enough sleep because I have these two fellers. I am hoping that they will soon sleep through the night and that I am not stupid when I return to work. Wish me luck!


3 comments:
My goodness they are cute! Will they be there for Leah and Trav's shower? If so, I want to hold them! I have baby fever BIG TIME!
I've sure been thinking about you guys a lot lately! I know what it's like going back to work when your baby(ies) are just 3 months old! If you need another mother you can talk to, bitch to, cry on...i'm here for ya!
Teething...Kristine, I hope the fussiness is a short phase and he truly is teething because I remember saying that about Ava starting at about 3 months because she was always so fussy...she didn't get her first tooth until 9 months!
Post a Comment