Here is a picture of Luke (wearing his name shirt from Nikki - thanks Nikki!) modeling his new Bumbo seat! Adam is worried he won't fit into it very soon :S

Drew is modeling one of his new BumGenius 3.0 cloth diapers. Yes, I use cloth diapers most of the time. The reason is not only does it seem so ridiculous to throw away that much garbage, but also do you know how many chemicals are in disposable diapers (sposies to the eco-friendly :) )? Infertility is linked to chlorine in disposable diapers, and who wants their kids' little butts sitting in all that?? If you think about it, my generation was the first that were really sitting in disposables most of the time, and you don't even know how many people I know (including myself) that have/had infertility issues. Plus, it's much more cost-effective for diapering 2 kids to use cloth. Ok, off of the soap box, now look how cute he is!
After all the partying, Drew was worn out and sleepy the rest of the day.
Luke was happy, but fought naps the rest of the day and has been doing so ever since!
So, all in all, a wonderful weekend!
After all the partying, Drew was worn out and sleepy the rest of the day.
Luke was happy, but fought naps the rest of the day and has been doing so ever since!
On Sunday we had another shower from the ladies that I sing with at my church. We had another very nice afternoon and got more books and gifts. One of the ladies made this cake for the boys - yes, she made it herself - Anne you know who it is - and she makes a good cake!
So, all in all, a wonderful weekend!P.S. I also started making my own baby wipes because my boys were getting actual tears in their skin from even the "sensitive" wipes - also many chemicals - so I make my own. Here's the recipe if you are interested:
Baby Wipes
1 roll Bounty paper towels
2 cups water
1 TBSP. baby oil
2 TBSP. baby wash
4-5 drops tea tree oil (optional) - acts as an antibacterial agent
*Cut paper towels in 1/2 with a serrated knife so you get 2 shorter rolls. Take center tube out and pull the towels up from the middle. Put in round air-tight canister (I got one at Cub). Mix together water, baby oil and baby wash (and tea tree oil). Pour over paper towels. It'll soak in after 10 min.
This lasts us about a week, and the boys haven't had any problems with it yet. I am not using tea tree oil because it is toxic when ingested and I worry too much that I'm poisoning my kids (yes, I'm crazy). I use Aveeno baby wash and shampoo (lightly scented) because it's less toxic than other brands (go to Skin Deep to check toxicity of products). My friend who also does this uses Daisy Blue or Arbonne Baby products for her wipes.
Also, yes, I'm planning on making my own baby food and I use organic produce/food when possible. What have I become?? (I still drink diet mtn. dew which I am sure is poisonous!)
5 comments:
You crack me up, but I agree! Did you know that there is a whole organic make-up and beauty product isle at target now?! I was totally checking it out and I'm going to start slowly purchasing products to replace my poisonous ones at home...I would do it all at once, but they are Expensive. (yes, with a capital "E").
Wow, cloth diapers and you make your own wipes? That's quite ambitious of you. Hopefully you can keep it up after you go back to work! :)
The boys are SO CUTE.
You are too funny!! :) hahaha.. Way to be!!!!
Tell Adam that the Luke will fit in the bumbo for quite a while yet.. Brielle still uses hers (when she likes to sit on the table watching Kell do crafts) and she is almost two!
MMMMM....cake from the church lady.
I have been thinking about Bum Genius myself..Carl's not so sure right now. But my cousin is using them right now and said that they are worth trying at least. I worry about daycare though...
PS - thanks again for the diapers!
Post a Comment