Wow. Last week was a rough one. Luke was screaming and wouldn't take a nap most of the days. Wednesday was about the worst, and at one point I called my mom who said "I've never heard a baby scream like that before." So, he was in pain. I tried everything; teethers, frozen washcloths, cold washcloths, my hand, and nothing was helping so I finally broke down and gave the kid some Tylenol. I don't use medication much, so I'm trying not to give it to my kids unless absolutely necessary, and this was ABSOLUTELY necessary. After a half hour, he felt better and sure enough, the next morning, his brand new shiny tooth was visible! He has 4 more that seem to be coming in, so we'll see what happens next!
Andrew on the other hand has no signs of teething yet. Not surprising, he's been exactly 2 weeks behind Luke from the beginning, so I'm sure they'll come soon!
On another note, in my attempt to be "green" I bought a giant jug of vinegar to use for cleaning. So today, while reaching for my trusty comet and rubber gloves (I need the gloves because I hate cleaning with chemicals because I always think I am inhaling them or inadvertently ingesting them and for about an hour after cleaning I ask Adam if he thinks I'm going to die because I ate poison. He humors me and tells me I'm fine - what a good guy to put up with a crazy lady...) I noticed my jug o' vinegar and decide today is a good day to try cleaning my sink with baking soda/vinegar/lemon juice.
I found this site that tells how to make natural cleaning supplies, and although I am interested, especially since soon I'll have crawlers (yes, Luke is close to crawling already!) and I don't want them to get chemicals in their little bodies.
(Ok, up onto my soapbox for a second: I strongly feel that many health issues that we deal with on a daily basis are linked to chemicals, pollutants, preservatives, and other great inventions that have become widely used in the past 30 years. I look around at the kids I work with with autism and developmental issues and undoubtedly those would still be prevalent, but to what degree? Would so many kids have these concerns? I look at MANY of my friends who have difficulty getting pregnant (myself included) and wonder how this can be such a problem for young and otherwise healthy women? Ok, off soap box.)
Back to my story...Baking soda worked GREAT for scrubbing stains! It actually worked better than my Comet. I scrubbed the sink with a half of a lemon I had leftover and it smells terrific! I'm sold! I'll just have to try some other mixtures now...
2 comments:
I'll have to check out that cleaning products site. If for nothing else, to save some money on that stuff. Oh yeah, and to be "environmentally friendly". ;)
Oh, Kristine.. :) You never cease to amaze me. :)
Post a Comment