Monday, July 27, 2009

organic

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that I dislike pesticides and chemicals, food additives and cleaning products. Have I? Well, here I go again!
It all started 2 weeks ago when my friend Nikki told me about a book she just finished reading (Master Your Metabolism). She said 'You should read it - or, maybe you shouldn't - it might make you crazier' (it was something to that effect maybe not those exact words :) ). So, I read it. It was awesome! It backed up ,my beliefs about preservatives, chemicals, and other poisons in foods and products and it gave actual medical reasons why we should NOT be putting these chemicals into our bodies!
Ever since, I've been on an organic kick. I've always fed my boys organic foods, so why shouldn't I be eating them too?? I'm trying to buy as much organic foods as I can. If I can't get it in an organic form, I try to get the most natural foods possible. I've (GASP) stopped drinking Diet Mountain Dew, and if you know me, you know I've been drinking at least 2 cans/day for years thanks to my college roommate from freshman year who introduced me to the deliciousness of pop - we didn't have a whole lot of pop when I was a kid - for SURE not Mtn. Dew and for SURE not 1 a day. I've made a deal with myself that I can get pop if I'm out of my house, but no more diet EVER! Did you know that the aspertame in diet soda turns to formaldehyde in your body?? Do you remember high school anatomy, dissecting animals?? That smell is formaldehyde. That was enough to change my mind - not to mention the fact that it alters your body chemistry and in some cases your DNA, it sticks in your brain and you can't get rid of it. (This coming from someone who was up to 4 diet sodas a day - I"M DONE!)
Is it expensive? Not anymore than usual. Yes, the foods are more expensive, but I'm not buying as much pre-packaged garbage (sorry Adam) and I'm not buying pop. It evens out for us according to our grocery bills.
And now for what you really look at my blog for...

Look how happy they are waiting for supper
Last night, Dad fed Andrew.
I really want to know how he stayed relatively clean.

Mom fed Lucas.
This is usually what the boys look like.
Peas all over. On the forehead, inside ears...
After this was taken, Luke proceeded to rub his eyes and got sweet peas inside his eyeball. This resulted in a full-blown fit (naturally - wouldn't you cry if you got peas in your eye??) and Mom digging in his eye to get all the peas out. He is fine and can see very well as he just saw me try to sneak his bottle out of the fridge and into the bottle warmer (he's screaming because the bottle warmer is not faster). Light just went off - gotta go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o, Kristine... :) I just love you!!! :)

Morgan said...

I bought that book too. I believe it's going to turn me into a nutcase before it makes me thin :) I guess we'll see!