It's hard to believe that these 2 are 8 months old already!!
I know everyone would prefer pictures, and we do take them, it's just been tougher now that we are constantly trying to corral our little movers. Above they look calm, sitting on the chair, but I assure you, seconds after this shot was taken, Andrew arched backwards almost falling out of the chair, which made Luke curious, so he crawled to Andrew's side of the chair, biting him along the way, of course. And so, 2 really do make more trouble than 1 (at least I think so, I wouldn't know, would I?)
The boys like to read books (I try to get there before they eat all the pages).
Luke can sit up all by himself - the boppy is only there as a precaution because he can't really get down from sitting so well by himself. Then he cries. Then he needs to be held. Then we have to try to stop his crying before Andrew starts; the boys have started to exercise their empathic (is that a word?) skills and now will cry if the other one starts.This was actually really nice. They were both digging in the toy bucket making sounds, seemingly discussing which toy to pull out, which really didn't need much discussion because soon ALL the toys were out and strewn around the carpet, pinned under backs and bopped into heads.
Andrew can sit too, he just needs some support - he's pretty tippy.
Luke crawls over, under, and through EVERYTHING, as you can see by him going under the exersaucer, which is WAY more fun than being in the exersaucer.
Luke under the coffee table - he was on his way to see Andrew who was sitting on the couch (see above).
Andrew can sit too, he just needs some support - he's pretty tippy.
Luke crawls over, under, and through EVERYTHING, as you can see by him going under the exersaucer, which is WAY more fun than being in the exersaucer.
Luke under the coffee table - he was on his way to see Andrew who was sitting on the couch (see above).Boys after my own heart. They love to eat and are eating 3 meals a day, including puffs, which they are actually getting pretty good at! They never miss a meal (just like their mom!).
Andrew doesn't crawl yet, but he does roll, and often rolls himself up in the blanket on the floor.
He can't crawl, but he can, however, stand. For short periods of time. When placed carefully against something sturdy. And caught if necessary.
Andrew doesn't crawl yet, but he does roll, and often rolls himself up in the blanket on the floor.
He can't crawl, but he can, however, stand. For short periods of time. When placed carefully against something sturdy. And caught if necessary.It really is quite something to see. It's unbelievable to see how every single day, they do something different. Luke is making faces and imitating them. He says "mama" and "dada" (not really knowing what he is saying) and he clicks his tongue really loud! Come to think of it, he pulls out "mama" when he's upset, hmmmm. Andrew just started with the /m/ sound (that's an "mmmm" for those non-SLPs) but he's REALLY good at screaming when he needs to be!
One really nice thing that has happened lately is that Andrew will no longer be bullied. He holds his own; not letting go of toys, biting back, and fighting for what he wants. Although, maybe not great that he fights back, at least he's not letting Luke walk all over him (which I was worried about especially since Luke has always been so much more dominant and demanding *sigh* like his mom, again) :)
So now, we start another chapter. Back to School.
I'm sad and excited at the same time. We've had such a fun summer and I've been able to really get to know my boys. I'm sort of sad that I am going to miss out on all that "little" stuff that happens during the day, but I am much better when I am working. I'm more organized, get more done, and I appreciate my family much more. The boys love daycare, and Kelly (aka "daycare lady") sends picture texts throughout the day so I know what they are up to. They always look really happy in the pictures!
Then again, they always look really happy!


4 comments:
I can hardly believe that they are 8 months old!!! Where does the time go?
Thanks for the fun updates and, of course, the pictures:)
They are growing too fast...please slow their growing down just a bit.
I love the pictures! Lucas and Andrew are so cute :). They are learning so many new skills - it's fun to hear!
Workshop starting on August 17th..what's that all about? I won't be back for a while, and am already sad you are not at Pinewood anymore :(
Post a Comment