Where did my summer go? I had my first day of workshops today, and although I am ready to go back to work (I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in November) I just can't believe it's time for that already!
The boys had their first day of daycare. They were good all day according to Kelly (the daycare lady), and I asked the older kids if the twins were good and they said "yeah, pretty much. They only cried one time." (They were hungry - it was before lunch and naptime.) All in all, a success!
Luke LOVES daycare. He loves to watch all the other kids and giggles at them almost the whole time. He is quite the social butterfly (who does that remind you of?). Andrew is quite content, as usual, to be at daycare. I got there to pick them up around 2:30, and Andrew was still napping so Kelly went to get him. He was just fine with her and looked up at me like "huh, what are you doing here?"
They must have had fun, though, because when we got back home they each took another short nap. Andrew was happy to see me, I got about 5000 "kisses" this afternoon - which made me feel better, like they know who I am!
In other news, I officially have a "pukey kid". Thank you Daddy. Apparently Adam was quite a gaggy, pukey kid and now Andrew is. He gags and "spits up" any vegetable that's green unless it's mixed with applesauce or something sweet. Gross.
Luke still loves ALL foods and will usually say "mmmm" throughout a meal. He also tried "puffs" for the first time. I was thinking it might take a little practice to pick up the food and get it into his mouth. Nope! In the first 5 seconds, Luke had a puff in each hand and was cramming both fists into his mouth. Guess he's ready for finger foods. :)
Andrew is finally getting teeth, but they are MUCH slower than Luke's and he's been pretty crabby the past couple of weeks. Lucas is army crawling around like a madman and loves to get close to the dog, hit the fireplace, air vents, or tiles on the floor. He bites anything in his way; toys, diapers, dog bones (yuck) and Andrew's legs.
That's our updates for now! I hear some babies whining (it's bedtime!) so I should go help with baths. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment