Friday, July 16, 2010

one crazy day

I am trying really hard lately to be a more positive person. To see the good in things instead of complaining about the bad stuff, deal with it and move on and focus on the best part of the day. Therefore I am not going to complain about the moron check-out lady at Target that was the
SLOOOOWEST EVER (ok, a little bit of complaining) and I'm not going to tell you that we waited in line for 30 minutes to check out! I won't complain (much) about dropping a container of yogurt on the floor that exploded and it took the checkout moron 10 minutes to call for clean-up, which really wouldn't have been that bad had she done some checking out while waiting (hence her job title). I won't go on and on about my boys having a super-fun screaming contest at the register and the moms around giving me those "oh, poor lady" looks and the young newly-dating couple behind me glancing uncomfortably at each other trying to figure out a way to get out of my line so they didn't have to listen to my kids. Plus, I'm not focusing on the fact that when I got into my car, I tried to call Adam and realized my phone was nowhere to be found (since, I've located it at Target guest services. It's still there.)
I am resolving to focus on the best parts of my day. And it was a good day. Really. Overall.
Today after nap, I was hoping the boys wanted to sleep longer so I said "more nigh night?". Andrew said "no" then proceeded to shake MY head no with his hands, just so the point sank in a little bit.
We were in a parade! Really!! A real parade!! My Mom's of Multiples group was in the parade and the boys were SO good. They did fight a couple of times, but really, they were strapped in a stroller for 3 1/2 hours, I expected nothing less than a couple of fights. They loved waving at people and saw their daycare lady and friends. Their twin friends Annika and Finn were with us in the parade and the boys could not stop saying "Anni" over and over again. (By the way, Anni was made for parades. The girl waved non-stop for 3 hours!)
Luke helped cool off his brother by taking a drink of water and spitting it out all over him. Andrew didn't mind, so I let it go. It was gross and cute all at the same time.
Along the route, we saw dad. It was so fun to see him along the side of the road, the boys were very excited "oooo!! Dad!! Hi dad!"
Andrew got a haircut and looks really adorable. Luke got a haircut because he needed a trim, but I like his curls best, so his hair will look really adorable in about a week. :)
Luke is figuring out where potty comes from. He cracks me up.
My house is a mess. I made Adam clean the kitchen while I sat and watched. Is that mean? That's a positive thing though, my husband will clean my house if I force him to.
See, I can stop complaining...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahahahahah!

Anne said...

A day in the life . . . hahahahahaha. And no it's not mean, it's SMART!