Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Politics schmolitics

My biggest irritation in these election days are people who vote on a candidate based on one issue. The next biggest irritation is when that issue is pro-life vs. pro-choice. How on earth can anyone think that this is even a bi-partisan issue? Who in this world likes killing babies?? I've got news for you... NO ONE!!
If you don't like this, please stop reading - this is my blog and I can do what I want!
I do not in any way, shape, or form condone abortion. I think abortion is a selfish act done by selfish people. I AM pro-choice simply because I feel that:
#1 the government should not be allowed to tell me or anyone else that they (the government) are 100% correct in every single circumstance, and
#2 changing that law (which will never happen) will not change a thing.
Did you know that 52% of all abortions are being performed on 15-24 year olds? These are teens and young adults who are "not ready" for children, which is the reason for their choice. Do you realize that these are the same idiots that would be getting abortions whether it was legal or not? Did you know that their complete lack of responsibility and maturity, shown by having an abortion, could be prevented by a little something called sex education?? Did you know that v.p. candidate, Ms. Palin, does not agree with sex education? It's a great thought to believe that teaching abstinence-only is the best policy, but wake up people! It obviously does not work! Parenting would help. So would providing attention for your children. Supporting your children - also a good plan.
Bottom line: I can't tell you what to do. I'm giving you the CHOICE to take this or leave it. It is strictly my opinion - just something I had to get off my chest. I just wish people would take a political stand on some other issue that makes more sense. Something that may actually make a difference. No matter what you do, this issue of abortion will not change - even if you elect a republican for president.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halleleuia, Sista!! :) Although, I am a McCain-Palin lover. :)

Anne said...

Can I vote for you for prez?