Whew! Today was a busy day! It was my first day of blood testing for my GD (gestational diabetes), so first thing vthis morning I was stabbed (ok, pricked) and blood tested. Then after every meal, I get another test, plus I HAVE to eat snacks between every meal which isn't all that bad. For those of you that don't know, I just have to eat 4 servings of carbs at a meal, and 2 servings for every snack. A serving size is equivalent to 15 grams when reading a label. Here, the dietary people tell me what I can and can't have, so it's pretty easy. At home (if I get to go) is another story altogether. I'm not holding my breath - what with my continued contractions and all, we'll just have to see.
I also got to get another ultrasound today to check for growth. These babies are big! I could've told you that. Baby A weighs 4 lbs, 1 oz and B weighs 3 lbs, 15 oz. They are bigger than most of the other 31 week twins around here (according to reports from the other moms from group today). But, they are right on schedule I guess! Everyone's hearts were good, the stomachs were good, blah blah = they're doing well. The next big milestone is 32 weeks, at which time their brains should be as developed as a "term baby's" brain. If born at 32-34 weeks, they would probably need to stay in the NICU for 4-6 weeks still, depending on breathing and feeding issues, so we're not really in the clear yet.
I also had group today, which was fun. I got to talk to the other girls here, which is always nice, and makes me feel that I really don't have it so bad. I'm one of the farther along people, and although I do have my fair share of issues (contractions, bleeding, pains, etc.) there are others much worse off than me. One of the ladies from the group set up a lady to come give us pedicures/manicures on Friday afternoon, so that's another thing to look forward to!!
2 comments:
massages and peticures?? Sign me up...just kidding
CONGRATS! i just heard the news from Nicole! I'm so excited for you ALL! I can;t believe you have TWO babies right now!! HE HE HE! I know everybody says this, but . . . if you ever need anything, REALLY call me! Even if it's to ask a gross questions (believe me, you'll have some), I have probably went through it! Can't wait to meet the boys!
Take Care!
Post a Comment