Sunday, January 11, 2009

Eat, sleep, change diapers, eat, sleep, change diapers...

Our new life is consumed with feeding the babies... We have it down now (oh I'm sure it will change!) and stuck with the schedule from the NICU. Every 3 hours (12, 3, 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, 9) we change diapers, feed Luke, burp Luke, put him down, change Andrew's diaper, feed him, burp him, hold him for 20 minutes because he spits up a LOT and put him down. Then we get a rest/break/nap which typically includes doing laundry (who knew such little things were so dirty!) and making more bottles. The boys are great though! They are very rarely fussy, and if anything make these grunting/giggling noises. The nurses called them "preemie sounds" and I'm not sure if all babies do that or not. Our lives have been completely taken over, and so has our house. Our poor dog doesn't know what to do with himself. He likes the babies, I think. He wags his tail and sniffs them, but doesn't get too close. Shag really likes the boppy pillows - he likes to pretend he should sleep in them. The one naughty thing he has done is christen the couch downstairs many, many, many times. He would like these 2 guys to get the message that they are not allowed on his couch! What a bad dog! I'll try to keep updating when I get a minute or 2. Tomorrow is my first day alone with them all day - but Adam's only 4 miles away if I need him. Wish me luck!!

No comments: