Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

We have been very busy this week, so I apologize for not updating sooner. On Monday, our boys were moved from Children's to Mercy Hospital in Coon Rapids. They are in the Level 2 nursery there, still sleeping a lot, still eating through their noses, and having their temperature monitored. We are still waiting for them to grow, eat, and get closer to their actual due date before we can take them home.
This week they started trying to eat from bottles. They are not good at it at all, but they try a little at a time. It is actually quite scary to witness. I was feeding Luke the other day and he started choking and his lips were turning blue, but the nurse is right there and she took him and then he snapped out of it. That kind of stuff makes me glad that we don't have them home yet - what would I do if he did that here?? Adam is MUCH better at feeding than I am - he's much more relaxed and calm and the babies both ate much more than when I fed them a bottle. Hopefully in the next week or 2 they will be able to eat on their own.
We hit up the hospital 2-3 times a day (it's only 15 min. from our house), which is wonderful because then I get to hold my babies a few times a day. We aren't taking visitors at Mercy right now because the other babies are still pretty sick. Adam witnessed a baby getting CPR about 3 feet from our kids, and that made him nervous. It just confirmed that these are not typical, healthy babies - ours are pretty good, just little and needing help to grow. When we come home, anyone is invited to come and take a peek. We'll see if I can share - I hardly get to hold them now, so I might just be a baby hog when they get here too!
Hope everyone has a great start to 2009!!

No comments: