Wednesday, July 8, 2009

busy, busy, busy

We've been busy. Adam and I were busy last weekend celebrating the 4th of July with our annual party at my parent's lake. We were trying to figure out how many years we've been doing it, and have no idea. I think it's been at least 20 (making me REALLY old!). It's also the weekend we celebrate my dad's birthday, my aunt's birthday, my uncle's birthday, and 3 cousins' birthdays.
On Sunday (my dad's actual birthday), we helped my parents move all of the "big stuff" out of their house. That was a little sad, but very exciting because they are building a new house closer to the lake. I was reminiscing all weekend - alone, because no one would reminisce with me - about playing here and there, writing on the walls (sorry about that!), and remembering my childhood in that house.
The boys have been busy, too! The Sunday before the 4th, they had their first "photo shoot" with their auntie Morgan. She took WONDERFUL pictures of the boys that you can see here if you want to!
Luke is busy rolling all over the house, chewing on himself and his brother (which Andrew does NOT like), and just overall demolishing things :). Luke is using his 4 teeth to rip toys and put bite marks on most everything. He will roll over anything in his way - including Andrew, who doesn't seem to mind.
Andrew is rolling one way, then gets stuck. He is perfecting his "goo" sound and his screaming. He'll scream as loud as he can and then look over at us. We can't tell if he's looking proud that he can scream or sheepish like "whoops, that was loud" - it's a surprised kind of look and it's really cute.
Other than that, I'm just enjoying being home for the summer! I'm not really thinking about next year quite yet - denial works wonders! I will have to think about it soon because my new classroom is full of old flashcards that I'm allergic to (yes, nerdy, I know) and I have to figure out a system for storing my high school and birth-3 things in the same room.
Oh, someone's getting hungry - gotta go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are GREAT! I love the ones of all your feet! That would be super cute framed and hung in the house somewhere.

Anne said...

I agree! I LOVE the tootsie picture...among the many awesome pics!