Tuesday, December 9, 2008

30 weeks!

We've successfully made it through another week of baby-cooking! That sounds weird... So, I'm still pregnant and I'm still in the hospital. Adam still comes and stays nightly with me, so our routine is still the same. Today I got taken off of my IV though! That's great! Now I don't have to drag it around with me when I go to the bathroom - I'm officially "unplugged"! Yay!! I am now on another drug, called nifedipine. It's a blood pressure medication, which is sometimes used for contractions. I have to take a pill every 6 hours and they continue to monitor me. The past 3 mornings I have had enough contractions to warrent using terbutaline, another drug - a shot to stop contractions. It works every time, so they still are using it as needed. They have been talking about putting me on a pump with the terbutaline, not sure yet... No one is ever sure about anything around here. The one good thing is that we made it another week, and that the babies seem well every time they get checked! I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Kristine! Welcome back to the wonderful world of the internet! So Glad to hear that you lost the IV! Woo-Hoo! I'm sure you feel FREE..or as free as you can be in a hospital on bedrest...hope everything continues to go well for you all!
A

Jill said...

Congrats on 30 weeks!! I was on nifidiphine for my 17 weeks on bedrest. It worked!! Doesn't it feel good to actually be able to go to the bathroom without hauling an IV in. I hope you will be able to go home for the holidays! You are doing a FAB job keeping them in so long....