Today had its ups and downs. First off, I woke up and had more bleeding (yuck!) so I called my nurse, and she put me on the moniter at 2:00am - sorry Adam! I was on for a while and had to get another shot of terbutaline, but that stopped my "irratibility". Then at 6:00am I got my blood taken for my 3-hour gestational diabetes test, and got to drink the "sprite"ish drink. Then I fell back asleep and was awakened every hour for more blood draws until 9:00. By 10:00 I found out that I do, in fact, have gestational diabetes. Since then, I've had handouts and books and visits from dieticians and I'm super-smart about diabetes. Tomorrow I start the blood sugar testing, so I'm going crazy tonight and I'm gonna eat whatever I want!! :)
Later this afternoon, my favorite people - integrated medicine - came to visit and I had a wonderful massage. Man I'm gonna miss that when I have to leave!
1 comment:
Whew! Not a dull moment for you :)
What do you do when you have gestational diabetes? Do you not get to eat certain things??? What a downer! That was the only thing you had going for ya!
You should have a massage every day for the rest of your life for the amount of crap you have gone through...I think Adam would agree!
Post a Comment