Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am sooo tired

Those of you with kids already might know what I mean. Man! I'm tired! My boys are starting to take after their father in the sleeping category - they don't need much. I, on the other hand, needed at least 9 hours a night pre-children. Nowdays I get around 4-5 and however much I try to nap during the day, I'm only getting about 15 min. Here is the reason why this is happening:


This is a picture of my boys "sleeping".
I heard smacking coming from the playpen, and found Andrew sucking on Luke's head.
This picture will haunt them the rest of their lives. :)
Again, we're sleeping. Luke is checking out what Andrew is doing.
This is shortly before he hit his brother in the face (accidentally) and woke him up.

Lucas LOVES looking around, so he really enjoys the boppy
(when we can get Shaggy out of it!)

Andrew resists sleep the most. Here he's arching his back while I'm trying to hold him to get him to take a nap so I can take a nap. Not working...

Another picture of Andrew "sleeping".
As I type this, the boys are laying in the playpen. Luke was awake and Andrew was sleeping, but they got too close and Luke hit Andrew in the face (again accidentally) and woke him up. Then Luke fell asleep and Andrew kicked him and woke him up. This goes on and on and on. Plus, when one starts fussing or trying to go to the bathroom, he usually wakes the other up!
Don't get me wrong, I knew this was what it was all about. I just thought maybe I'd get a rest every once in awhile. Maybe in 10 years...

2 comments:

Anne said...

I remember being so ungodly tired (and also feeling helpless and hopeless because I was so tired)!! make sure Adam takes a shift when he gets home so you can take more than a 15 minutes rest!

PS - I am on the 4th "Twilight" book (breaking dawn) and am competely obsessed with the series!!

Anonymous said...

...and I suppose they'd freak out if you seperated them for naps, huh? I don't know what I'd do with twins, I admire you!