Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Reality Check!!

AHHHHHH!!! We JUST found out that we get to take the boys home TODAY!!! We have been waiting and waiting, and now it's a little too real! What are we going to do?? They are just such little fellas and sure we are great with them in the hospital, but we have hovering nurses, now what if something goes wrong??!!!? Ok, panic attack over. I have a lot of stuff I have to do...
It is wonderful that the boys are doing so well that they get to come home. They passed their hearing screening, carseat test, are breathing fine, have whatever vaccines they needed thus far, are eating out of bottles (Andrew's attempting to nurse also - Luke could care less :) ), and sleep most of the time. So that's all great news!! I already have a doctor's appointment for them on Thursday - not sure why really, they just told me I had to go to their doctor this week...
I'm so excited and so scared at the same time! I'm sure those of you with kids felt the same way - just way earlier than this. By now, you probably had all this down pat, and we're just starting.
Wish us luck, pray for our sanity and ability to keep our kids safe!
Keep checking my blog in case I have any major questions I need answers to!
Holy cow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!! You must be so excited! No more multiple daily trips to the hospital! :) You'll do ajust fine, and I'm sure will have plenty of helpers. :)

Anonymous said...

You guys will do great. Hope you're caught up on your sleep :)

Beth said...

yaaaaaaaayyyyy! I am so excited that they are home with you. You are both excellent parents and I know you are going to do great!

CEBrecht said...

oh how exciting~!!!!! i hope it's going well! that "just home" feeling never goes away (well... at least not within 7 months!)~ enjoy!

Vickmark Family said...

You are going to be the greatest parents! Just remember to keep God close and look to Him for guidance and you'll be fine! I know I only had 1 to get used to at home but I am here if you need anything!!

Anne said...

Woo-Hoo, they get to come home! CONGRATS! Let me know if you need any mommy-support...or anything else :)